By Laura Hill
CHS student contributor
• The CHS soccer program is kicking off for the first time! They started practice this week, and both teams are looking forward to a great season!
• February 16-17 will be the next school holidays.
• Prom is right around the corner! It will be held March 27.
• FFA would like to extend thanks to Steve Nesmith and David Frazier of J&J Greenhouses for their continued support. They donated flower pots, plug trays, and roofing plastic to aid in the repair of the greenhouse in preparation for the FFA’s spring plant sale.
• The FFA Club is also selling t-shirts, you can choose between lime and hunter green. They are $10. Please see Mr. Hall to order one. February 4 is the last day to get an order in.
• The PBIS Teen Achievers are hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive on January 30; it will be from 8 a.m. through 1 p.m. in the CHS gym lobby. Please contact Ms. Collins for details.
• CHS is once again participating in the Poetry Out Loud Competition, which will be held in the school auditorium on February 19. The winner from the school will be able to attend the region competition. Any student wishing to participate in this event should contact Ms. Campione.
• If you would like to receive reminders from the school through text messages, text @chs411 to the number 81010.