Sunday, December 21, 2014
Search By Keyword
Enterprise Alerts
Email Alerts
Email Address
Text Alerts
Mobile Number
 )  - 
Mobile Provider
standard messaging rates apply
Current Conditions
50°F
Rain
Claxton, GA
Radar & More >>
Mobile home fire displaces family with three children


This mobile home on Cedar Creek Rd. was a total loss following a Monday evening fire most likely started by a space heater.
 
Mobile home fire displaces family with three children



From staff reports
Two fires Monday evening, December 15, kept both Claxton Fire Department and Evans County Fire Department busy.
A commercial dryer at McCords Cleaners on S. Newton St. caught fire shortly after 6 p.m. The fire was under control within 10 minutes.
CFD Fire Chief Harold Rogers says no one was injured in the incident and there was no structural damage.
At approximately 9:45 p.m. ECFD received a page that a mobile home on Cedar Creek Rd. was on fire. No one was hurt, but Fire Chief Andy Sikes says the trailer was fully involved when they arrived on scene and was a total loss. Firefighters found an overturned space heater at the scene, most likely the ignition point.
The fire displaced a family of two adults and three children including a 10 month old boy, a three year old boy and a five year old boy. The family lost everything and is in immediate need of clothing and supplies. Anyone interested in donating to the family may call 912-314-7774. The American Red Cross is currently assisting the family.



For more on the story, subscribe today by calling (912)739-2132

 or by going to the home page and click on Subscribe.








 

Social Media  
 
Account Login  
Username
Password

  need help?  
 
Advertisers
click ad below for details
  • Show All Ads